[pmwiki-users] Cookbook subversion repository

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Thu Jul 19 13:19:11 CDT 2007

Patrick R. Michaud said...
> I'm looking into the possibility of building
> a subversion repository for cookbook recipes
> and I have some questions:
>
> 1.  How many recipe developers want this and
>     would use it?

Me! Though I'm hardly prolific.

> 2.  Where should we host it?  Our options:
>     - as part of the PmWiki repository at svn://www.pmwiki.org/

Yup, this one.

> 3.  Any thoughts about how it would be organized?
>     I'm thinking a top-level 'cookbook/' directory,
>     with subdirectories beneath that for each recipe.
>     But I don't quite see that it will be straightforward
>     for people to keep recipes up-to-date by a simple
>     "svn update".

It should be okay for the mainline. They might want to branch for shared
testing, then "integrate" once ready to release, though.

> 4.  How to synchronize changes between the cookbook repository
>     and the online cookbook?

:-) I guess you need to sync the download lib to the repository at
regular intervals. How funky you want to get with it is up to you. I
presume that since breakages are not currently checked, that they won't
be for updates. It would be cool if you *could* do this, though.

--
Cheers,
Marc