[pmwiki-users] htpasswdForm

Sameer Kumar skumar at eharch.com
Tue Jul 24 15:09:55 CDT 2007

Thanks for your quick response, Dominique.

Currently, when I arrive at the homepage, I see a default PmWiki login
form.

How can I replace this with a customized login form which would offer a
link for registration of a new user?

How and where do I create the new user registration form?

Also, please see my response below to your previous questions:

On 7/24/07, Sameer Kumar <skumar at eharch.com> wrote:

> "Most certainly, the local/authuser directory itself is missing..."

> Does this mean that I should create this directory manually?

Yes, the recipe handle only the files, not the full directory path to
them.

> Further on the issue of single-signon and authentication:

> Is there a recommended method of logon between the following:

> 1.      AuthUser with hardcoded userid's and passwds in the wiki

> 2.      AuthUser with LADP access for existing userids + passwords

> 3.      Single-Signon with mod_auth_sspi in apache

IMHO, you should choose the method according to your

"exploitation-context". The answer to some questions like below may

help you to decide:

Are you dealing with one our more operating system?

Ans: It would be either Windows or Mac OS.

How are your user authenticated on it/them?

Ans: We logon into our Windows Network (WinServer2003) through Windows
logon. I am not sure how the Mac OS users logon.

In an heterogeneous enviroment, are the all the different auth

mecanisms synched together?

Ans: I think they are. That is how we share all the network drives.

Is there a "politically-correct" way of leading user authentication in

your organization?

Ans: I don't know. What does that mean?

How many users are planned?

Ans: Around 30. It would not be a big deal to manually create the users
if we chose to.

Do they really need to be authenticated individually?

Ans: Yes, it is important to document the authors for the wiki to be
successful.

> I am running Apache on Windows XP and my understanding is that each of
these

--

Dominique