[pmwiki-users] htpasswdForm

Sameer Kumar skumar at eharch.com
Wed Jul 25 19:05:37 CDT 2007

Dominique,

I have tried and could not get sspi to work; I don't know enough about
apache or sspi and am giving up on it.

Coming back to HtPasswordForm, how can I replace my default PmWiki login
form with one that offers new users to register and enter their own
passwords?

Thanks again!

--------------------------
IMHO, since your server runs on Windows, I would give a try with sspi:

On the client side, NTLM enabled browsers would supply a transparent
auth procedure, others would handle it through http basic
authentication.
On the PmWiki side, the Single-SignOn cookbook recipe fully applies:
no need for HtPasswordForm.

If this don't work for you, you may then always be able to get back to
more robusts solution like AuthUser with/out HtPasswordForm as you
wish, with the drawback to have to redefine user accesses and perhaps
also to loose the transparent auth feature.

By "politically-correct", I was refering to the need to follow some
usage and definition patterns that are used to be ruled in
organizations.

--
Dominique