[pmwiki-users] Taxonomy

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jul 26 22:07:03 CDT 2007

On 7/26/07, pmwiki at 911networks.com <pmwiki at 911networks.com> wrote:
> > Yes.  See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Categories
>
> I not sure that either I understand it correctly. It says:
>
> ===============8=============:======
> This will cause the footer on every page in the Category group to
> display a list of links to pages that reference that page in the
> category group.
> ===============8=============:======

This means that each page in the Category group will list the pages
that link to that page (in the Category group... meaning every page in
which there is a [[!SomePage]] link will be listed on the
Category.SomePage page.

> Actually, I don't have any page that reference each other [almost
> none]. Each article is independent of each other and stands on
> its own.

It matters not if they link to each other; it only matters that they
link to a page in the category group.

Example:

   http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Category/Blog

On that page you see a list of pages that contain this markup:

   [[!Blog]]

Note that a page with a link like: [[Category/Blog]] will also be
listed because [[!SomePage]] is merely a shorter way of writing
[[Category/SomePage]] .

Hagan