[pmwiki-users] pagelist problem with 2.2beta54

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Jun 11 10:10:43 CDT 2007

On Sun, Jun 10, 2007 at 05:30:01PM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 12:14:38AM +0200, Knut Alboldt wrote:
> > I've got also problems with pagelist since beta54. I've got the
> > following problem:
> >
> > If I use more that one format defined at the end of the same page on
> > which I reference both pagelisttemplates within a pagelist-markup, at
> > least one of them don't produce any output.
> >
> > When I put the formats on an own page and change the reference to that,
> > it's all fine.
> >
> > It's also all fine with beta52.

Out of curiosity, what version of PHP are you using?

If you're running PHP 5.2.0 or later, then the problem may be
related to the pcre.backtrack_limit configuration setting, which
was added in PHP 5.2.0 .  This setting limits the amount of
work that pcre will perform in pattern matching, and the default
setting of 100,000 means that the limit could be reached fairly
early on medium-sized pages.

I'll see about adjusting the pattern match to be a bit more
efficient, but you might also try

    ini_set('pcre.backtrack_limit', 1000000);

and see if that resolves the problem.