[pmwiki-users] Problem with utf & i18n (French accented characters)

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Wed Jun 13 05:53:23 CDT 2007

Michel wrote:

> I suggest first to set-up a rule of game : the name of pages of the
> "official" documentation must remain the english name.

this should be the case now for french, but it was not sometime ago
and I don't know if all pages have been fixed, probably not

> Perhaps, this page may just jump to
> another page with foreign name...

better use (:title name:) ti name the page and [[name|+]] to have
links display that name

> Once the rule is set up, French-UTF8 is just another language. Webmaster
> can choose between country-utf8 and country-iso if both exist depending of
> their needs.

I think there is only one UTF-8, same for all langages, this is the
main advantage of utf-8

but I understand than older PmWiki installs didn't use this and this
is the problem

> I have not yet written to the French translation team.

welcome :-) your work can be used here :-))

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://gourmandises.orangeblog.fr/