[pmwiki-users] Page break when printing

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Mar 2 10:32:04 CST 2007

On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 05:08:10PM +0100, kirpi at kirpi.it wrote:
> >WikiStyles page.
>
> "Scientifically" correct.
> Quite counterintuitive, though, for the average editor in search of
> the pagebreak command.
> Thumbs down.

In various circles in which I work, I often employ what I've
come to call "the veto rule".  Essentially the veto rule states
that in order to turn down a proposal you have to suggest an
alternative.  This works really well when trying to get a group of
people to decide on something (e.g., a place for lunch), because
anyone who doesn't like the current choice has to provide an
alternative (which others can then veto if they have still other
alternatives).

So, if %pagebreak% doesn't belong in WikiStyles, we need an
alternative.  :-)

And yes, it could be documented in multiple places... but that
still means we need alternatives.  :-)