[pmwiki-users] ZAPbeta 2007-03 complete!

The Editor editor at fast.st
Sat Mar 17 21:05:56 CDT 2007

On 3/17/07, SteP <step.list+pmwiki at gmail.com> wrote:
> The Editor wrote:
>
> > ZAPmath (which
> > can evaluate basic arithmetic inputs),
>
> My question isn't specifically tied to ZAPmath although it occurred to me
> while looking at the Math snippet on the ZAP site. I noticed that several
> snippets now use PTV variables and zap savedata + passdata commands. I'm
> wondering what happens when there are multiple users submitting the same
> page, since each one could potentially overwrite each other's PTV in the
> page. Does ZAP treat all zap commands in a page as a whole execution unit
> and locks the page while this happens?

No and yes.  I think.  Mostly no.  :)

ZAP uses a very simple foreach routine and processes each input field
one at a time, doing whatever the command says.  So in that sense,
creating a page and storing data on that page would be done at two
separate times, independently of each other.  So no.

But ZAP uses PmWiki's built in UpdatePage function which does properly
lock the page, I'm sure, properly handling any potential conflicts in
the best way possible (as Pm's code always does).  You would have to
ask him about the specifics of how that function works.

Depending on your application, you might want to consider setting up
your forms so each member's data is saved on a separate page (keyed to
their member name).  That solves any problem you might have in this
area.

Cheers,
Dan