[pmwiki-users] Search list format

Ben Wilson dausha at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 11:42:35 CDT 2007

I'm with Hans on this one. I used to use Site.CustomPagelists, or
somesuch. Just today I paid attention the top of the
Site.PageListTemplates and saw the link to Site.LocalTemplates (not
located in wikilib.d). Before then, I had to go on the server to
remind myself of the custom template page---because I refused to link
to it.

I know, I'll pick up the conical hat and sit in the corner now.
Everytime I try something "sneaky," there's invariably a PmWiki
solution in play.

Ben

On 3/24/07, Hans <design5 at softflow.co.uk> wrote:
> Saturday, March 24, 2007, 4:31:40 AM, pmwiki wrote:
>
> > Sorry for my ignorance. I want to use the page list format teaser
>
> > http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/PagelistTemplateSamples#teasers
>
> > instead of the regular search. I use the Fixflow template.
>
> > Where do I place the code?
>
> Best practise may be to copy the relevant code from the
> PageListTemplatesSamples to Site.LocalTemplates (PmWiki automatically
> includes pagelist formats from that page), then edit page Site.Search
> and change (:searchresults:) to (:searchresults fmt=#teasers:)
>
> That way it will be used for all search results.
>

> Hans

Ben Wilson
"Words are the only thing which will last forever" Churchill