[pmwiki-users] Is there a way to list pages _without_ a category?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Mar 26 09:51:19 CDT 2007

On Sun, Mar 25, 2007 at 12:11:05PM +0200, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Mar 2007, Aleks wrote:
>
> >  (:pagelist group=Test name=Ca*, -Category :)
>
> This only lists pages not containing the text "Category", not pages not
> belonging to any category...

Still, this will end up being pretty close (the text searched also includes
a list of a page's targets).  So, one could do:

    (:pagelist group=Test -"Category.":)

and this would show all pages that do not have a link to the category group
and that do not contain the string "category." (with the dot, case
insensitive).  Since there aren't likely to be a lot of pages that contain
"category.", we're left with a list of pages without category links.

Granted, it would be better to be able to write something like

    (:pagelist link=-Category.*:)

but in the meantime using -"Category." is likely to be a useful approximation.