[pmwiki-users] New recipe: BreakPageList

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Wed May 16 17:25:02 CDT 2007

See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/BreakPageList

Use BreakPageList to break a long pagelist display into
several subpages, and display links to all subpages as
a series of page numbers (similar to the BreakPage recipe).

Usage:

* Create a first pagelist for determining max page count (optionally
displaying the count):
(:pagelist .... fmt=maxcount :)
* Create a second pagelist as the pagelist with the real output
format:
(:pagelist ..... count={$BPLRange} :)
* Create subpage links with markup (:breakpagelist:)

Note the order of pagelists!
Both pagelists should have same listing parameters, and differ only in
the fmt= and in the count= parameters

You can set in a local config file $BPLEntriesPerPage for the number
of entries the pageglist shall display per page.

I had to use two pagelists, so the first will deliver the actual page
count for the whole list, which is used then in the second list to
create the count range for display, and in the (:breakpagelist:)
markup to create the right number of links to all the subpages.

I hope this can be simplified in future.

Please check it out and send your comments!

  ~Hans