[pmwiki-users] user authentication sharing with apache

Seth Cherney sethcherney at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 6 04:34:22 CDT 2007

I have a site with many pages, so the browse and search is all being done through a java program,
which indexes the output from staticpages.  I want to simply use apache to login users to a global
directory so that the search, wiki and links to static pages are all protected with one login.
thus, to control view and edit, other than admin/user, everything will go through mod_rewrite.
nevertheless, I want the wiki to pick up the apache user and log that as the author on editing of
pages, so that I can block malicious editors and genreally keep a tab on things.  if someone could
point me in the right direction.  thanks, seth