[pmwiki-users] Creating GTD @Context by modifying !Category markup

Pico Ben-Amotz pmwiki at ben-amotz.com
Sat Sep 8 08:44:52 CDT 2007

What would it take to modify the markup for Categories to work with a
different group name (Context, instead of Category) and different
markup (an At sign instead of a Bang or  Exclamation point)?

The documentation at PmWiki/Category, identifies the $CategoryGroup
variable and the following Markup() function:

SDV($CategoryGroup,'Category');
Markup('[[!','<links','/\[\[!([^\|\]] ?)\]\]/',
  "<span class='category'>[[$CategoryGroup/$1]]</span>")

Can I just modify the markup above and the $CategoryGroup variable to
change references from Category to Context and from "!" to "@" to
create a new Context markup?  What if I wanted to take this a step
further to eliminate the need to enclose the markup in brackets (that
is, instead of using the current markup of [[!Subject]], I would like
to be able to use a new markup of @Subject that would be rendered as a
link to Context/Subject).

Can anyone help me out with this (or better yet, is anyone interested
in creating a recipe for this)?

Thanks,

Pico