[pmwiki-users] Include pre-rendered pages?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Apr 8 23:09:02 CDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 10:48:03PM -0400, Mailinglists wrote:
> Thank you.
>
> >Hans is right about using the extended table markup.
> >You can use that to embed pmfeed into cells of a
> >table.
>
> Yes, this does work, but it doesn't allow me to use any formatting.
> For example, I wanted to make it bold. I can't put ANY characters
> before the pmfeed markup.
>
> I guess this isn't an issue with it being in a table, but more an
> issue of having to put the pmfeed markup at the beginning of the
> line only.

It's actually more of an issue that HTML doesn't let you do that.
I suspect you're wanting to do something like the following:

    '''(:pmfeed:)'''

PmWiki would then put <strong>...</strong> tags around the output
of (:pmfeed:).  Unfortunately, the result will be very invalid HTML
-- some browsers won't render it -- because the output of (:pmfeed:)
would contain lists or other HTML block elements that cannot appear
within inline formatting tags such as bold, italics, etc.

So, if you want to make a bunch of stuff bold, then use a div:

    >>font-weight:bold<<
    (:pmfeed:)
    >><<

If you want to do it in a table cell, then it's:

    (:cell style='font-weight:bold':)
    (:pmfeed:)