[pmwiki-users] Ticketing system

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue Apr 29 08:47:07 CDT 2008

Monday, April 28, 2008, 4:50:20 PM, Marcus wrote:

> It sounds like it might be able to do the job, but the demo is a bug
> tracker like PITS. I'm looking for a way to converse with customers.
> Are there any examples of that kind of thing?

> I appreciate that one could probably use Wiki Forms to create such a
> system, but maybe it has already been done by somebody, he says
> hopefully :-) ?

If you use PmWiki for a ticket system, the question arises:
how would one handle authentication?
Do customers have a username/password pair assigned, and if, by whom?
If not, how private does the ticket system need to be?

I assume a new ticket opened by a customer should only be visible by
him and the customer care people. So one needs some kind of
customer/usr management system, which allows users to create
accounts, with user name and password.

The only attempt to do this was done by ZAP, and I am not sure how.

If privacy  and authentication is not an issue, on ecould simply
create a form system, whereby a new ticket page is created by press
of a button, with a pagename generated as date plus a three or four
digit number (to differentiate between same-day tickets). Then each
ticket page will display a comment box, and comments will be written
to the page just like a simple forum. When a ticket gets closed, the
comment form will be disabled.

  ~Hans