[pmwiki-users] Ticketing system

Marcus prima at wordit.com
Tue Apr 29 12:02:14 CDT 2008

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 14:47:07 +0100
Hans <design5 at softflow.co.uk> wrote:

> Then each ticket page will display a comment box, and comments will be written to the page just like a simple forum. When a ticket gets closed, the comment form will be disabled.

That's a nice simple design. I like that. The bloat of the major
Helpdesk apps is very non-pmwiki style.

It could be expanded with logins maybe by tagging a user number to the
page ID, since tickets are user specific. Store the users email, and a
random passwd as MD5 checksum, which only needs comparing to the user
input, in a non-readable page or flate file. Then filter pages by user
ID. Does that sound possible in practice?

I guess user tracking works with sessions on? That's the bit I'm not
sure about.

Marcus