[pmwiki-users] Status of 2.2 non-beta release?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Apr 29 13:19:27 CDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 07:33:30PM +0200, Hans Huijgen wrote:
> 2008/4/9 Curtis, Clayton <Clayton.Curtis at va.gov>:
> > Is there any further news on the release of non-beta 2.2?  Our agency has a
> > policy about not running beta software, and I'd like to be able to move to
> > the newer version (I'm on 2.1.26 as things stand).
> Within pmwiki's philosophy a beta is not finished but stable. A
> non-beta 2.2 will be finished and stable.

Correct.  I'm wanting to move 2.2 out of beta as quickly as I can,
but I'm having trouble finding a spare day or two to do that.
I'm still planning to add things from the RoadMap, as well
as the nested (:if:) structures discussed earlier on list.

Would the community prefer that I go ahead and issue a 2.2.0
release now, with the understanding that the remaining RoadMap
features will appear in a later minor release?  Or should I
continue to hold the "beta" designation until those later
features are done?

I don't think any of the remaining features planned for 2.2.0
would require another major revision or substantially break
existing recipes/components.

Comments welcomed,


More information about the pmwiki-users mailing list