[pmwiki-users] Status of 2.2 non-beta release?
henrik.bechmann at sympatico.ca
Tue Apr 29 13:31:32 CDT 2008
I would favour releasing 2.2, and including the outstanding features in
Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 07:33:30PM +0200, Hans Huijgen wrote:
>> 2008/4/9 Curtis, Clayton <Clayton.Curtis at va.gov>:
>>> Is there any further news on the release of non-beta 2.2? Our agency has a
>>> policy about not running beta software, and I'd like to be able to move to
>>> the newer version (I'm on 2.1.26 as things stand).
>> Within pmwiki's philosophy a beta is not finished but stable. A
>> non-beta 2.2 will be finished and stable.
> Correct. I'm wanting to move 2.2 out of beta as quickly as I can,
> but I'm having trouble finding a spare day or two to do that.
> I'm still planning to add things from the RoadMap, as well
> as the nested (:if:) structures discussed earlier on list.
> Would the community prefer that I go ahead and issue a 2.2.0
> release now, with the understanding that the remaining RoadMap
> features will appear in a later minor release? Or should I
> continue to hold the "beta" designation until those later
> features are done?
> I don't think any of the remaining features planned for 2.2.0
> would require another major revision or substantially break
> existing recipes/components.
> Comments welcomed,
> pmwiki-users mailing list
> pmwiki-users at pmichaud.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the pmwiki-users