[pmwiki-users] FW: UpdatePage() vs save from ?action=edit

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Fri Feb 8 15:11:32 CST 2008

Friday, February 8, 2008, 8:52:04 PM, Peter & Melodye Bowers wrote:

> Did anybody have any thoughts on this?  I'm guessing it has something to do
> with what functions are registered in EditFunctions before calling
> UpdatePage()?

> To rephrase my question below, I am creating new pages using UpdatePage().
> The pages are created, but they are not being placed in .pageindex until I
> manually edit and save them.  What do I need to do to bypass this manual
> step?

?action=edit runs function HandleEdit
HandleEdit reads the page, then calls PCache:

$page = RetrieveAuthPage($pagename, $auth, true);
..
PCache($pagename,$page);
..
then a new page is constructed, using input from input fields,
and UpdatePage is called, which calls all the EditFunctions.

So there is no difference in EditFunctions, but an explicit call
for PCache to cache the page.

I guess I could use that step in fox.php, or better not?

  ~Hans