[pmwiki-users] action = copy?

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 22:06:25 CST 2008

On Feb 19, 2008 5:14 PM, Steven Benmosh <wordz2u at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there functionality in PmWiki that allows one to copy a page without
> access to the wiki.d directory?
>
> Here is the goal: I have 3 read only group that I use for my own pages, each
> with a different template. I have a users area, where users can add their
> own content. I want users to be able to use all 3 template, or even copy a
> page from one of my groups and modify the content. Since my page are read
> only (and action=source is also password protected), they can not access the
> source.
>
> A 'copy' button would be nice, or action=copy. It would have to provide a
> field for the new group.page name, or even to default to a specific group
> and only allow to name the page.

Hi, Steven:  As long as your users can read the pages that you want
them to use as templates, I think maybe you can use one/some of the
methods described on http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/EditTemplates

Note that one of the methods there is a "one-shot template":
[[SomeGroup.NewPage?action=edit?template=OldGroup.OldPage]]

Let us know if none of that applies.

Tegan