[pmwiki-users] action = copy?

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 06:47:21 CST 2008

On Feb 20, 2008 3:30 AM, Hans <design5 at softflow.co.uk> wrote:
> Wednesday, February 20, 2008, 2:06:26 AM, Steven Benmosh wrote:
>
> > I want users to be able to copy and edit pages so they can use he same
> > templates I do. This way, the can maintain the same style as I do, and once
> > I verify their data, I can move it to the read only groups with ease.
>
> > I have a different template for each group, but only one for the users area.
>
> I think Tegan's suggestion using EditTemplates is your best option,
> for giving users a blueprint when they start a new page. Of course
> if the template contains data they could alter this. If you want the
> GPS data to stay "certified" by you, you should not include it in any
> user template, but include it indirectly, for instance with a page
> include (:include ..:) markup, or have the data available as page text
> variables on your edit-protected pages, which can be accessed from
> user pages.

Instead of having the users' pages start with one of your own,
data-included, pages as a template, you could use EditTemplates to
pre-configure new pages in the users' groups with generic forms for
them to fill in.  I have a "Templates" wikigroup in my standard
installation, with templates pages for HomePage, SideBar, etc.  These
are all designed just for the purpose of pre-populating new pages
elsewhere in the wiki, so have (:comments ... :) and so forth to help
authors understand how to use them.