[pmwiki-users] Simple form to data base

Jody Klymak jklymak at uvic.ca
Fri Feb 22 18:39:56 CST 2008

Thanks Hans and Randy,

 > using Fox a form could look something like this in markup:
 >
 > (:fox frm target=TargetPageName redirect=1:)
 > (:foxtemplate "||{$$name}} ||{$$address} ||{$$email ||":)
 > || Name:||(:input text name size=30:) ||
 > || Address:||(:input text address size=30:) ||
 > || Email:||(:input text email size=30 ||
 > || ||(:input submit post 'Add to List':) ||
 > (:foxend frm:)
 >
 > of course you could use more input fields etc.

This worked very well.  Thanks very much for your help.

I found the documentation a little vague in that "posting" would add
incrementally to a page.  I would have benefited from a paragraph
explaining the basic functionality before going into the parameters,
etc.  Perhaps this is just my relative inexperience in writing forms.

Cheers,  Jody