[pmwiki-users] Simple form to data base

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Fri Feb 22 18:59:33 CST 2008

Saturday, February 23, 2008, 12:39:56 AM, Jody Klymak wrote:

> I found the documentation a little vague in that "posting" would add
> incrementally to a page.  I would have benefited from a paragraph
> explaining the basic functionality before going into the parameters,
> etc.  Perhaps this is just my relative inexperience in writing forms.

No, you are very right. The documentation has grown over time, and the
page needs some good reorganising and rewriting of parts.
What were once just a few parameters is now a rather long list, and a
good introduction needs to come beforehand. I hope me or someone else
will get round to do this.

Over time my nomenclature has shifted as well. At the beginning over
a year ago Fox was a tool for posting content to a page, with each
posting new content got added to the page. Now Fox can add and
replace and copy content, as well as add and update page text
variables.

  ~Hans