[pmwiki-users] end-of-section (SectionEdit)

marc gmane at auxbuss.com
Thu Feb 28 04:10:15 CST 2008

Stéphane Heckel said...

> "marc" wrote :
>
> > --!!?
>
> not clear enough, right ? ;)

Well, I thought I had understood you, but...

> 2nd try :
>
> Imagine I have the following :
>
> !! My title 2
> My text2 blabla
> (:if false:)
> Other text or command here, ...
> (:if end:)
>
> I would like to edit "My text2 blabla" without having the (:if ...:) markup
> in the Edit window

That's not how ?action=edit works. It always shows all markup.

> To do that, I have to position an other "!!", right ?
>
> !! My title 2
> My text2 blabla
> !!
> (:if false:)
> Other text or command here, ...
> (:if end:)
>
> However, the second "!!" allows me to edit the (:if ...:) part of the text.
>
> I would like to "hide" the second "!!" or create a new markup to force a
> "end-of-section"
>
> Final result would be :
>
> !! My title 2
> My text2 blabla
> (:endofsection:)
> (:if false:)
> Other text or command here, ...
> (:if end:)
>
> Is this possible ?

You could probably "persuade" something like SectionEit to do this, but
then you'd have to hack action=edit, so that it doesn't work as it
currently does - which would not be a good thing, imo - if you wanted to
enforce the behaviour that you are suggesting.

It might help if you could provide the use cases that you are trying to
achieve; rather than coming at this from the other end.

Someone else might have ideas on how to achieve what you are after,
though.

--
Cheers,
Marc