[pmwiki-users] OT: Permanent redirects

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Mon Jan 21 13:31:35 CST 2008

That's a relief!

One of the online references implied that the agents (browsers, robots,
the entire DNS system) would look once at "A is permanently redirected
to B" and then whenever anyone, including themselves, see a link for A
they go to B, without ever rechecking A.

What does a temporary redirect do?

It also means there's something else going on, because
www.websites.onebit.ca won't even give me a pmwiki error message; I get
Server Not Found. I'll look at it again tomorrow.

Thanks!

Sandy