[pmwiki-users] Fox form conflicts

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Wed Jan 30 15:36:41 CST 2008

Wednesday, January 30, 2008, 8:17:00 PM, Sameer Kumar wrote:

> How can I add an edit link for each row in the Wall Schedule table such
> that the form below the table gets populated by the data in that row?

This is not possible. You will need to use a different form for
editing.
The "create new table row" form can insert a foxedit link as well.
This link will open the row for editing in another form.

But I have not done this in table cells before. I am not sure how or
if it is possible. A foxedit form is good for editing PTVs, or whole
anchored sections. PTVs could be placed anywhere, and then shown in table
cells as PTV-var {$:Var}.
Also, the form creating a new table row needs to insert an Id number
for each row, so all PTVs can have their unique name.

What would be smart is a creation of a smart table like a spreadsheet,
with column and row Ids identifying each cell, and editing a cell by
double click or such! But I am dreaming....

> A new page created via the form in Test.Form comes with all the text
> from the template within #foxbegin# and #foxend#...

> *         Can you think of some way that I can protect this text from
> being edited (or not be seen at all)??

You mean what you call 'banner'? It is an integral part of the page I
thought, so you don't want to hide it. (?)

> *         This text implies that I cannot use EditTemplates anymore. Can
> I still include any text (for example, the small Wall schedule form) in
> all the pages that are created?

I do not understand what you are trying to tell me here.

  ~Hans