[pmwiki-users] gmane pmwiki user archive not showing my emails

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Thu Jan 31 12:36:41 CST 2008

I was alerted that the gmane PmWiki user-list archive does not show my
emails to the user list. Neil from this list did some fantastic
detective work and found that the emails are classed as spam, because
they do not contain a SPF record. Then gmane cross posts the mail to
the gmane.spam.detected list, which has the effect that the mail is not
shown in the web version of the pmwiki user list.

This is all very disconcerting, as the gmane archive is great for
searching the list, and as i have no control about adding a SPF record
to the mailserver my hosting provider uses.

Clearly, as Neil told me, a missing SPF record should never contribute
for an email to be classed as spam. But gmane's spam assasin or other
filter is doing just that.

Has anyone any experience or ideas about this problem?

And thank you Neil for your investigation!

  ~Hans