[pmwiki-users] gmane pmwiki user archive not showing my emails

pmwiki at 911networks.com pmwiki at 911networks.com
Thu Jan 31 13:08:05 CST 2008

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 18:36:41 +0000
Hans <design5 at softflow.co.uk> wrote:

> This is all very disconcerting, as the gmane archive is great for
> searching the list, and as i have no control about adding a SPF
> record to the mailserver my hosting provider uses.

Alternative 1: You can get control of your domain, but it will cost
you some money:

1. Move your domain registration to another independent domain
name registry. I said just the domain registration, not your
domain hosting ISP. Then you will be able to take control your
domain.  I use EasyDNS: easydns.com [I do not work for them, but
have used very successfully their services for most of my clients]
I pay: $40/year + taxes.

2. Once you have done that, you can get them to generate the
correct SPF record [another $25/year].

There might be cheaper solutions. If people know of others, please
let us all know, provided that they do a good job.

or alternative 2: Get your ISP to do their job! They should be
providing the SPF record. It's part of their job. They have not
configured THEIR mail server properly. They just need to configure
their mail server to match their 'official registered domain'.
Then you domain name is just a virtual domain.

> Clearly, as Neil told me, a missing SPF record should never
> contribute for an email to be classed as spam.

Yes it is, and should be, this indicates either:
1. Badly configured mail services. or
2. A spam bot

--
Thanks