[pmwiki-users] How to report bugs

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Mar 6 13:18:55 CST 2008

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 7:32 AM, Tegan Dowling <tmdowling at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 6:14 PM, Simon <nzskiwi at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > Tegan
>  >
>  > this is an interesting point.
>  > I feel the questions page is more accessible than searching the mailing
>  > list,
>
>  It is, or would be if the questions posed there were consistently
>  reviewed and responded to.  You are one of the few knowlegable people
>  who seems to look at it and post to it regularly.  Many of the
>  questions there really need responses from a community of users, which
>  the list provides.  Many of the questions there have had no response
>  from anyone at all.

FWIW, here's the origin and purpose of the Questions page:

The Questions page was originally created as sort of an
infrequently-asked questions page during a "documentation cleanup"
effort that happened prior to a major release of PmWiki.  At the time
the pages of the PmWiki group, the FAQ page in particular, had a lot
of questions that didn't belong wherever they were.  Most of the
questions moved to the page were previously unnoticed and unanswered.

I agree that the Questions page is largely being ignored -- except by
a few stand-up folks like Tegan Downling (Thanks!)  -- but removing
the Questions page will not necessarily reduce the number of
unanswered questions on pmwiki.org.

Hagan