[pmwiki-users] Clicking Go on search searches for the word Search

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Mon Mar 10 12:43:25 CDT 2008

Monday, March 10, 2008, 5:11:08 PM, wiki question wrote:

> Can anyone point me in the right direction for this?
>   Where is the Search box code for the sidebar when using the fixflow skin?

the default sidebar searchbox is coded in the skin's tmpl file:

   <!--markup:(:searchbox  label=$[Go] value=$[Search] focus=true:)-->

You see it is using wiki markup.
Fixflow use sit's own version of a searchbox, defined in
skins/fixflow/searchbox2.php

The output HTML uses 'onblur' and 'onfocus' javascript events.
'Search' is the default value, and should clear when clicking the box.
Any value entered should be posted when clicking the submit 'Go'
button.
Even with javascript turned off the searchbox should function.

  ~Hans