[pmwiki-users] Error encountered with upgrade to 2.2 beta 65

Henrik henrik.bechmann at sympatico.ca
Sun Mar 23 09:40:54 CDT 2008

Thanks jdd. The webhost (webserve.ca) has confirmed that they are
causing the problem with a recent (over-zealous) security measure, to
disallow posting of "system words" (apparently including protocol
strings) in php applications. I am trying to explain to them that
posting links to external websites on wiki pages is a legitimate thing
to do. I'm waiting for a response.

- Henrik

jdd wrote:
> Henrik a écrit :
>
>> Correction:
>>
>> I just tried the same posting on other websites that still have PmWiki
>> 2.1.27 with the same problem, so apparently it's independent of PmWiki.
>>

> or just the error is oresent on all pmwiki version?
>

>> What could possible be generating this error?
>>
>> The workaround is to post protocols with parenthesis:
>>
>> [[(http:)//parkcommons.ca]] works. [[http://parkcommons.ca]] generates
>> the error. So apparently something is parsing for protocol strings (http
>> server?) with http put? All before it even reaches pmwiki scripts.
>>

> if true, you should post what system you are using (linux, solaris,
> windows...?) and what browser (firefox, opera, konqueror, IE... and
> what version)
>
> best should be to give us access to a page where we could experiment
> (give a special passwd to this one page only eventually)
>

>>>   Forbidden
>>> You don't have permission to access /neighbourhood/wiki/wiki.php on this
>>> server.
>>>

> this looks like a *local* access (through neighbourhood...), not web
>

> jdd

Henrik Bechmann
www.bechmann.ca
Webmaster, www.dufferinpark.ca