[pmwiki-users] upgrade error: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare wikilink()

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Mar 29 00:13:10 CDT 2008

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 06:27:13PM -0600, Mark Crane wrote:
>    I (foolishly, perhaps) installed the latest version of PmWiki on top of my
>    existing install, which was too old to support some of the anti-spam
>    features.  Now I get the following error:
>
>    Fatal error: Cannot redeclare wikilink() (previously declared in
>    /home/textomat/public_html/ecc/index.php:1069) in
>    /home/textomat/public_html/ecc/scripts/wikiwords.php on line 57

I'm guessing that you renamed your 'pmwiki.php' to 'index.php'
at some point in the past.  Thus, upgrading gave you a new pmwiki.php,
but your urls are still using the old index.php (from the earlier
version of PmWiki).

Try copying pmwiki.php into index.php.
Or, better still, follow the advice given at
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/InitialSetupTasks#dontmodify .
Then you won't have to worry about it happening again.  :-)

If the above doesn't resolve the problem, let me know and I
can look into it further.