[pmwiki-users] Regarding Accessing Page via Cookbook

Vaibhav Vaish vaibhav.vaish at gmail.com
Mon May 19 01:04:03 CDT 2008

Thanks everybody for help (specially Peter Bowers)!  The following
solution works :

A. (Validating User)
  1. For most cases validation is against a user having a page edit
permissions. In that case I use ::
	RetrieveAuthPage($pagename, $auth, $authprompt=true);
  2. For some cases I have a different requirement, I need to check if
a user is a member of some group or not. There I use::
        $result='';
        IsAuthorized('id:@group", '', $result);
       [[*** I don't understand this function completely, what exactly
are first and second arguments. Also can I use it like case 1?
(Validate a given $auth.) Though this solution works for me. ***]]
B. (Locking Edits)
      $page = RetrieveAuthPage($pagename,$auth,$authprompt=true);
      $newpage=$page; $newpage["passwdedit"] = "@sysadmin";
      UpdatePage($pagename,$page,$newpage);
      [[** Question: For complete locking off, is there something like
"id: -*" ? Though I don't need it here ***]]
C. (Getting formatted HTML)
      MarkupToHTML($pagename, $text) should work (need to test it more
though, in the sense that what all markups may fail. This testing will
happen only in due course as my users edit more and more.).

Thanks once more!
Vaibhav