[pmwiki-users] searching problems

Swift, Chris Chris.Swift at eu.dodea.edu
Mon Nov 10 06:28:42 CST 2008

Dear all,

I have just found something that is quite interesting.  After I implemented the following on my wikisite:

##How can I configure my site to always exclude wiki-related pages from searches?

##Try the following in your local/config.php file. See also Cookbook:SearchPatterns.

## Exclude Certain pages / groups from search results.

$SearchPatterns['default'][] = '!^Site\\.!';

$SearchPatterns['default'][] = '!^SiteAdmin\\.!';

$SearchPatterns['default'][] = '!^Login\\.!';

$SearchPatterns['default'][] = '!^PmWiki\\.!';

I have found that now my PmWiki files don't show up anymore.  I found them still in the wikilib.d folder, but for some reason, PmWiki does not show them anymore on my site.  This only appeared after I implemented the search pattern change.  Obviously this would make me want to uncomment the PmWiki part, but I can't help wonder why it does that.  For my SiteAdmin, Site and Login pages all of them are still there (on my site) although they don't show up in the search anymore, which was the point of this implementation.

Anyone have a guess at this?

Thanks,

Chris

P.S. Did anyone get this to work: (:if auth read:)  together with your searches?  I would probably have to put this on my Site.Search page right?