[pmwiki-users] Need help with Fox (form & template)

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sun Oct 5 04:10:17 CDT 2008

Saturday, October 4, 2008, 6:14:32 PM, ABClf wrote:

> What I need is very basic I guess : I want the new page to be created with
> all the data I wrote in the form, merged with the template.
> I tried many many tests, changing and changing some parameters (especially
> the «target») with no success.
> Can someone help me by telling me what's wrong here and what's needed ?

i have not ananlyzed your form and template.
For troubleshooting i recommend you add
(:foxmessages:) to th etop of your form page, and remove redirect=1
(or disable it temporarily by changing it to xredirect=1)
Stopping the redirect for testing is essential as only then you can
get feedback messages from (:foxmessages:), which may giv eyou clues
as to what goes wrong.

If this does not show you a solution, you can try putting Fox in
debuging mode, by changing near the top of fox.php
$FoxDebug = 0; to some higher value, like $FoxDebug = 4;
Again this needs redirect disabled. You will get an echoed output of
various Fox variables. particular see if Fox shows the right target
and template page values.

  ~Hans