[pmwiki-users] Cookbook etiquette question

Eemeli Aro eemeli at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 14:35:51 CDT 2008

I'm currently in the middle of migrating a site from HTML to PmWiki,
and realised earlier today that it's silly for me to convert any of
the code by hand. Hence I went and wrote up a set of $ROEPatterns
rules that rather cleanly translate HTML to PmWiki markup. Admittedly,
given the size of the site I've nominally done this for, it's
questionable whether it would have been faster to just do it by hand.
Still, what's done is done.

As I was then posting this to pmwiki.org, I realised that the best
place to put this would be
<http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ConvertHTML>, which page already
existed. Previously, that page contained three different answers for
this task: 1. use an external tool, 2. use $ROSPatterns, 3. a rather
rambling digression (or two?) on using Javascript and WYSIWYG editing.
I've now replaced the ROSPatterns section with reference to my own
code and moved it to the top of the page. The page has no marked
maintainer or clear indication of who's responsible for the other
sections, and the page history is useless.

My question, then, is whether it's ok for me to simply remove the
extra sections and take over as maintainer of the page?

eemeli