[pmwiki-users] Change maintainer of Cookbook/ConvertHTML (Was: Cookbook etiquette question)

Christian Ridderström christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 16:38:36 CDT 2008

On Sun, 5 Oct 2008, Eemeli Aro wrote:

> As I was then posting this to pmwiki.org, I realised that the best place
> to put this would be <http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ConvertHTML>,
> which page already existed. Previously, that page contained three
> different answers for this task: 1. use an external tool, 2. use
> $ROSPatterns, 3. a rather rambling digression (or two?) on using
> Javascript and WYSIWYG editing. I've now replaced the ROSPatterns
> section with reference to my own code and moved it to the top of the
> page. The page has no marked maintainer or clear indication of who's
> responsible for the other sections, and the page history is useless.
>
> My question, then, is whether it's ok for me to simply remove the extra
> sections and take over as maintainer of the page?

Hi Eemeli

I think it's certainly ok, and I looked at the page and it looks good. If
necessary, you could move irrelevant stuff to even less visible parts of
the page, or perhaps even a separate page.  It might be a good idea for
you to state which parts you maintain, to avoid pointless questions about
the sections that aren't yours.

good work and best regards,
/Christian

PS. I changed the subject, in case one of the original
maintainers/creators spots it and wish to chime in.

PPS. Is Eemeli a Finnish or Baltic name?

--
Christian Ridderström, +46-8-768 39 44            http://www.md.kth.se/~chr