[pmwiki-users] Including anchors fronm a specific read protected page into an open page

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Tue Oct 21 10:15:40 CDT 2008

> I have a page where lots of images are stored, together with comments,
> copyright notices and other relevant details.
> Such page is read/write protected, as it my own repository.
>
> I need to include (just) the images all over my site, which could been
> handy by just writing:
>    (:include Group.Page#image#imageend:)
>
> The problem is that (correctly) images are not displayed because they
> come from a read protected page.
>
> Is there a way to let the (:include:) markup work on that particular
> page, while retaining the password protection?
> Is there a way to set exceptions to the rule, tied to single pages?
> Or, which workaround would be possible?

If the images are currently on Page1#image#imageend which is read protected
could you not put those images on Page2#image#imageend which would be only
edit protected (thus allowing includes from anywhere).  Then if you want to
display them in Page1 just (:include Page2#image#imageend:) them in that
page?

-Peter