[pmwiki-users] Can custom markup in template's included page alter global variables ?

Jean-Fabrice [gmail] jeanfabrice at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 14:54:38 CDT 2008

2008/9/10 Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com>:
> I don't have a good feel for when this might be changed, if ever.
> I don't know that we can safely change this behavior in the core,
> as I think it's very likely that there are some sites that depend
> on the current behavior.  I might be able to create a configuration
> switch for it, however.
I'm not an expert on PmWiki's internal and thus can't measure the
complexity / the edge effect of such change.

At this time, I can work with Hans's workaround.

Just to give you a few more informations on what I'm trying to do.
I've created a simple recipe which just register some web 2.0
javascript framework (prototype, scriptaculous, etc.) into
HTMLHeaderFmt. This recipe does only that. Other web 2.0 recipes which
need a particular framework just call the first recipe asking for it's
framework. I then create markups which add javascript into the page.
Having the javascript framework registred in the html header is a must
have. Being able to have all the javascript in the header would be
ideal.

JF