[pmwiki-users] examples in cookbook / sample-sites

Knut Alboldt pmwiki at alboldt.de
Sat Sep 20 01:08:38 CDT 2008

just some other thought's

the cookbook is rich of good recipes, not only some of them I use in my
personal wiki (I use pmwiki on my home site and notebook for nearly all
- except e.q. image processing or cooking :-) - to be serious, I'll try
to use pmwiki to store all information I've to, in combination with
Firefox- and Thunderbird-Extensions (like scrapbook and lightning).

At the work were running pmwiki to do the same - only more and other
information (IT infrastructure, problem management, system documentation
etc).

All this pmwiki-site are rather modified compared to a plain pmwiki:
template pages for forms and new pages, structure of the menues, doccs
to run the wiki etc.

I could be interesting for others to have a look on such a customized
(sample) pmwiki. E.g. I just started to use fox and I think t would be
helpful to have a sample site running the features described in a
Cookbook-recipe (like the Fox-Contact-Sample-Site).
I know there are some sample-sites already referenced, but I haven't
found this e.g. on one page in pmwiki (as an index).

So maybe it would interesting
first - to gather all existing sample sites (in addition to prodctive
sites on success stories) to demonstrate one or more cookbook-recipe or
an idea (like on success stories) which is realized with pmwiki on one
pmwiki page (cookbook ?)
second - collect some more if somebody would have time to set up a
sample pmwiki (I mean not on pmwiki.com) of his own solution or just
collect ideas (lines of text, must not be a real wiki) of what could be
implemented with pmwiki (a image gallery wiki, a blog, a template
personal homepage)

so, is there something already implemented like this ?
I've found SucessStories but nothing I've been looking for when I enterd
"sample sites" or "ideas".
Or is it just a silly idea of me ?

The question is how a sample wiki can be made safe and nevertheless
functionable (like a sandbox, but for the whole wiki, e.g. with daily
cleanup, page-change-verification etc) so that everybody could set up a
sample wiki on his own site. (could be also a short doc on that
sample-site-page)

A thought worth being discussed ?

Knut