[pmwiki-users] Simple Feedback Form

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sat Sep 20 01:27:51 CDT 2008

Friday, September 19, 2008, 9:55:54 PM, Mailinglists wrote:

> I need to create a simple feedback form, you know the ones that
> have been around for years. A few input fields and a comment box and
> a submit button. The results get e-mailed to a specified e-mail address.

> I thought I'd find something like this in a Recipe, but I'm not
> seeing it. This seems like something that would be pretty easy for
> pmWiki to handle, so maybe I'm just missing it?  I even searched the
> mailing list archives and found very little.

A look at http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Forms shows a number of
dedicated mailform recipes: Mailform2, Mailform3
PmForm has  a mailform example:
http://www.pmwiki.org/pmform/PmForm/MailForm
and Fox form processor too:
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/FoxNotify

The last two are better suited for form customisations, as the forms
can be built using PmWiki (:input ... :) markup.
With FoxNotify you can have full form validation.

There may be other recipes out there I forgot this moment.

Hope this helps to get you started!

  ~Hans