[pmwiki-users] Howto go from PmWiki Demo Main.HomePage to BlogIt in 30 min?

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Wed Apr 8 21:42:20 CDT 2009

DaveG wrote:
>> Q: Is there any issue with naming the pages with ISO dates? ie Blog.20090407
> I seem to recall that page names must start with an alpha character, so
> they can't be all numeric. I'm not 100% sure of that though -- perhaps
> someone else on-list can confirm.
>
> BlogIt shouldn't care what the name is though. Although BlogIt does do
> some manipulation of the file name, adding hyphens, so maybe something
> is happening there. I'll take a look at that.
Well it does look like there's some sort of issue with numeric
pagenames. The do seem to show up in the sidebar, but delayed by one. So
if we create entry "1", it won't show in the sidebar. Create entry "2",
and "1" shows up. This doesn't happen with alphanumeric entries -- only
numeric entries.

The really odd thing is that the same form of pagelist is used to
generate the blog-list, and that works fine -- all entries show up. Even
the blog-title-list works fine. Only the list in the Sidebar.

I suspect it has something to do with PmWiki's caching mechanism, since
we're both using that. Possibly something to do with not editing the
sidebar, and thus cached entries not being regenerated? At this point
though that's about as far as I can get. Anyone else seen anything like
this with numeric pagenames?