[pmwiki-users] Javascript to require "Summary" for changes

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Tue Apr 28 08:50:29 CDT 2009

On Monday 27 April 2009 11:05:57 Oliver Betz wrote:
> Petko Yotov wrote:
> [Javascript pop-up if the Summary field is blank?]
>
> >Hi. I updated the NotsavedWarning recipe to do just this. See
> >  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/NotsavedWarning

> Maybe the not saved warning should be configurable as the summary and
> author warning are for total flexibility.

Thanks to all who contacted me with suggestions here or privately.

I have updated the recipe to enable a custom warning message, or to disable
it, also the prompt boxes should not appear on pressing Preview or Cancel.
On a prompt box, pressing Cancel should no longer submit the form, pressing OK
should submit it, even with empty author/summary.

It is difficult for me to extensively test this on Windows, so feedback for
any problems (all browsers) will be welcome.

The not-saved-warning is known not to work in Opera 9.63 and in Konqueror 3.5
(and other versions of these browsers), not much can be done. The prompt
boxes should always work.

Thanks,
Petko