[pmwiki-users] Javascript to require "Summary" for changes

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Tue Apr 28 10:05:31 CDT 2009

Petko Yotov wrote:

[...]

>I have updated the recipe to enable a custom warning message, or to disable
>it, also the prompt boxes should not appear on pressing Preview or Cancel.

Testing 20090428a, the prompt appears when I press "Cancel" after I
made changes. This might be intentionally although I consider pressing
"Cancel" not an unintentional action Iwant to be warned about.

"Preview" and then "Cancel" also shows the dialog, even if no changes
were made. Maybe it's not possible to distingish "real" changes from a
preview command?

>On a prompt box, pressing Cancel should no longer submit the form, pressing OK
>should submit it, even with empty author/summary.

Confirmed. With $EnablePostAuthorRequired = 1;, PmWiki throws a
message thereafter as expected.

>It is difficult for me to extensively test this on Windows, so feedback for
>any problems (all browsers) will be welcome.

Tested with Firefox 3, IE6, IE7, Win XP.

Oliver