[pmwiki-users] Problems with PHP 5.3.0

Neil Herber (nospam) nospam at eton.ca
Wed Aug 12 14:10:25 CDT 2009

On 2009-08-12 1:11 PM, Jason Frisvold wrote:
> On 08/12/2009 11:22 AM, Jim Beuerle wrote:
>> Neil,
>>
>> Unfortunately, I have not been able to get sessions to work properly
>> with PHP 5.3.0.  I have tried everything I could think of and have asked
>> some of my friends who are much more knowledgeable in Apache and PHP
>> than I without finding a solution.
>
> I haven't played with 5.3.x yet.. can you elaborate on what problems you
> were having with sessions?
>
>> I too have reverted back to 5.2.10.
>>
>> Jim

My experiences with 5.3.0 were "odd". PmWiki pages would serve normally
for the first 3 or 4 instances, but then on the 3rd or 4th they would
hang indefinitely with no apparent CPU load.

When I would edit a page, the SAVE would never lead to a refresh and I
actually had to kill and restart Apache to see that the change had been
made.

I tried using different skins and removing various recipes, but the only
wiki that worked consistently was a "pure vanilla" one with no recipes.

The Apache Error log also filled up with piles of PHP warnings. When I
changed to 5.2.10 everything worked fine.

--
Neil Herber