[pmwiki-users] PmWiki 2 2.5 on a 64-bit Computer Running Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Aug 29 18:21:46 CDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 01:03:59PM -0400, Robert Gann wrote:
> I just upgraded to Snow Leopard and am now getting the following error messages
> at the tops of my pages.  My computer is a 64-bit MacBook Pro.
>
> Warning: strftime() [function.strftime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's
> timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the
> date_default_timezone_set() function. [...]

Looks like PHP 5 has started to emite error warnings for various
date and timezone settings.  I'm guessing your upgrade to Snow Leopard
also upgraded your PHP and/or timezone setting somehow.

Try adding the following to the beginning of your local/config.php script:

    date_default_timezone_set("America/New_York");