[pmwiki-users] line break keeping page store (repost)

Oliver Betz list_ob at gmx.net
Thu Feb 5 12:24:18 CST 2009

update:

[...]

>Therefore I suggest an additional/alternative PageStore format where
>line breaks in the page text are kept unencoded.

A problem I missed in my initial proposal is that direct edits of the
page file would break the old revisions of the page with the current
implementation using diffs.

The method of [[Cookbook/PageTopStore]] avoids this problem by keeping
also the "previous" version if changes are made to the human readable
format. When PmWiki handles the page again, changes are merged and
revisioned by the built in methods.

I updated http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/01063 and changed the status
to suspended - I still would prefer a nativ "human readable" format,
but I currently see no simple solution.

Oliver