[pmwiki-users] Is there a way to override browser cache?

Radu Luchian radu at monicsoft.net
Thu Feb 5 14:21:36 CST 2009

If you mean that the *pages* you modify are cached by your browser, change
browser options in
IE:Tools:Internet Options, under Temporary files click Settings..., then
select Every time.

Or, to make it clear for every browser, if (and only while) most of your
wiki pages are changing very often, add in the skin file you are using,
somewhere in the HEAD section:

(or change a possibly existing similar line from "cache" to "no-cache")

However, if you mean the *uploads* are being cached, that's tougher, and may
be addressed by adding some pragma or cache directives as described at
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec14.html#sec14.32
, in the HTTP headers of the HandleDownload function that you can copy from
scripts/uploads.php and put in a cookbook recipe or in a config file.

A quick look at http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Uploads
did not suggest any existing recipe for this - though I may be wrong :)

$EnableIMSCaching, as the comment below states, does not address uploads,
but only pages.

Cheers,
Radu