[pmwiki-users] Turbo powered pagelists

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Fri Feb 6 04:03:58 CST 2009

Friday, February 6, 2009, 9:46:27 AM, Christophe David wrote:

> Have you tried to set $PageListCacheDir  (The name of a writable
> directory where PmWiki can cache results of (:pagelist:) directives to
> speed up subsequent displays of the same list. Default is empty, which
> disables the pagelist cache.) ?

A pagelist cache is of little use for a wiki with constant page
changes and additions. The cache would need to be updated constantly.
Or?

I wonder also how much performance suffers because pagelist needs to
filter by a presence of a PTV, or by a particular PTV value.

Is there a page on pmwiki.org documenting performance tricks and
pitfalls for pagelist? I.e
what is the effect using pagelist
with various parameters,
with different page stores (flat files, sqlite, others?),
with various page numbers?

  ~Hans