[pmwiki-users] OT: How does Dreamweaver work?

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Thu Feb 26 08:25:04 CST 2009

Don Schaefer wrote:
> Dreamweaver is a WYSIWYG HTML editor, and more. When it uploads, it
> sends up the whole structure of the site -- html, css, folders,
> scripts, etc. If you have server access and a way to edit those files,
> you can that without Dreamweaver. Any text editor, BBEdit or TextMate,
> can do it. I do edits to my PHP files on the server with an FTP app
> called Yummy FTP. It allows me to edit any files on the server (that I
> am allowed to) in my text editor, TextMate.
>
> Hope that answers your question.
>
> With all the great tools like PmWiki, and the CMS solutions like
> WordPress, Joomla, or Moveable Type, I rarely use Dreamweaver anymore.
>
> donS

So I was right, and her developer is either mis-informed or
over-simplifying. He wants to migrate all his sites to Dreamweaver and
add Contribute. He's done several static sites that look good, but they
all have the same favicon!

The only time I'd be tempted to use Dreamweaver is to get a skin
started. $400 for a product I don't quite trust, much less for a similar
product I still don't trust, or learn a bit more. Easy choice!

Thanks!

Sandy